What are we looking for?
A creative junior Florist to join our team and work in our North Dublin City Studio full time, supporting our busy events and wedding team.
Who are we?
We are experts in events and wedding floristry and we are looking for a florist with a creative eye who can help us to build on our enviable reputation as one of the leading events florists working in the market and who can keep us growing creatively. We are looking for employees who would have an enthusiasm for the wedding and event industry, for Frog Prince and as well as considerable knowledge and love of their own passions – be it horticulture, design, philosophy, travel or art.
What type of people work here?
We are looking for people with relevant life experience, reflected in mindful, engaging and clear communication, in approachable, supportive and collaborative style. We welcome intelligence, imaginative thinking, and curiosity about the world. We are keen for our people to help us continue finding ways of turning the ordinary into extraordinary in all aspects of our business.
What skills does the new team member need?
Ideally the right candidate will have some experience in design and possibly within a management position, an individual who can grow grow with the business through the delivery of excellence service, quality produce and new concepts and ideas ; to develop the Company brand with creativity and drive and to demonstrate creativity and magic.
What the role about?
The role will also require planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once to ensure the smooth delivery of our events and wedding. It also includes training and support in one of Ireland’s leading event and wedding styling company.
What’s in it for you?
It a fabulous opportunity to learn from the best, we are offering 8-10 hours training per week with our Creative Director, full support and guidance from our team and exposure to the luxury wedding market and the most stylish corporate events. We will also offer the right candidate – third party training opportunities across the UK and Europe. We would love our new team member to grow with us, stay with us and eventually move across into a management role and onto our Design Team.
DAY TO DAY TASKS:
- Management of Floral Stock, Conditioning, Watering & Cleaning
- Preparation of all flowers ready for production of arrangements
- Preparation of event vases, containers, oasis, trays etc for production
- Production of floral orders – bridal bouquets, buttonholes, church and centerpieces
- Purchase of floristry requirements for the business
- Ensuring that all events are as per the designs from the Design Team
- Working with the Design Team to create designs for our clients
- Ensuring that all flowers are delivered on time to the studio
- Inputting all recipes for designs into the event system
- Working with the Creative Director on large scale events and installs
- Supporting the management and planning the logistic of florals by liaising with installation team
- Going on-site to create and install events when required
SKILLS THAT ARE NEEDED:
- Creative flair and proactive in designing arrangements
- Computer literacy skills essential (Microsoft Office Package)
- Adaptable, calm under pressure with a proactive attitude.
- Strong sense of budgeting essential
- Passionate about floristry and the events industry
- A presentable, client-facing individual who can fit with a fun and exciting company
- Highly organised and self-motivated individual
- Excellent eye for detail and high standards of delivery
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
- Ideally up to five years events floristry experience in a management position or extensive other relevant experience
SKILLS WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE(not essential) AS WE CAN TEACH YOU:
- Experience of purchasing within a floristry environment
- Writing of floral recipes and purchasing within budget
- Creation of production workflows & timelines
- Full Clean Driving Licence – Confidence to drive a small Van
- Experience of managing a team
- Ideally events floristry experience or extensive other relevant experience
Salary Up to €20K -€22k + Benefits
Sound like you? Send your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org