Accounts & Office Manager
Who are we?
We are experts in the events and wedding industry and we are looking for a senior accounts and office manager to help us build on our enviable reputation as one of the leading events and wedding producers in the country.
What type of people work here?
We are looking for people with relevant life experience, reflected in mindful, engaging and clear communication, in approachable, supportive and collaborative style. We welcome intelligence, imaginative thinking, and curiosity about the world. We are keen for our people to help us continue finding ways of turning the ordinary into extraordinary in all aspects of our business.
What skills does the new team member need?
We are looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, accounts, HR and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
What is the role about?
The Accounts & Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration, procedures, HR and accounts, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Managing the day-to-day finance & accounts operations: payroll, debtors, creditors, cashflow, compliance including VAT Returns and Revenue, bank reconciliation, cost-analysis & cost-reduction, liaising with external accountants.
- Interpreting & reporting financial information to aid in management decision-making
- Providing weekly/monthly management accounts with budgets & forecasts.
- Operation and upgrading of existing Xero accounting system
- Assisting senior management with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Management of wages and salaries
- HR management to include the day to day management of HR operations, delivering an effective, hands-on, practical support and advisory service to managers and employees and to take lead on all employee relations, actively managing disciplinary and grievance cases and provide guidance on performance management.
- Organise office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Provide general support to visitors
- Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides and making presentations
- Manage executives’ schedules, calendars and appointments
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal and retrieval.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and monitor their performance
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed
- Responsible for recruiting staff for the office and providing orientation and training to new employees
- Ensure top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Evaluate and manage staff performance in association with senior managers and directors of the business.
- Proven office management experience
- Proven accounts experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com