Junior Event Design & Production Assistant
What are we looking for?
A creative Junior Event Design & Production Assistant to join our team and work in our North Dublin City Studio full time, supporting our busy events and wedding team.
Who are we?
We are experts in events and wedding floristry and styling and we are looking for a Junior Event design and Production Assistant to assist the Event Design and Production Manager, a creative eye who can help us to build on our enviable reputation as one of the leading events florists and stylists working in the market and who can keep us growing creatively. We are looking for employees who would have an enthusiasm for the wedding and event industry, for Frog Prince and as well as considerable knowledge and love of their own passions – be it horticulture, design, philosophy, travel or art.
What type of people work here?
We are looking for people with relevant life experience, reflected in mindful, engaging and clear communication, in approachable, supportive and collaborative style. We welcome intelligence, imaginative thinking, and curiosity about the world. We are keen for our people to help us continue finding ways of turning the ordinary into extraordinary in all aspects of our business.
What skills does the new team member need?
Ideally the right candidate will have some experience or desire for design , an individual who can grow with the business through the delivery of excellence service, quality produce and new concepts and ideas ; to develop the Company brand with creativity and drive and to demonstrate creativity and magic.
What is the role about?
The role will also require planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once to ensure the smooth delivery of our events and wedding. It also includes training and support in one of Ireland’s leading event and wedding styling company.
What’s in it for you?
It is a fabulous opportunity to learn from the best, with guidance from our team and exposure to the luxury wedding market and the most stylish corporate events. We will also offer the right candidate – third party training opportunities across the UK and Europe.
- Manage and produce events as required
- Work alongside the Production Manager & the team to build client relationships & win new business
- Draft décor proposals and develop floor plans and photo inspiration boards for client presentations as required. This will involve working closely and collaborating with the sales team to create a style board and ensuring a clear brief is given to you before beginning projects along with a clear understanding of the client’s budget.
- Source and book all relevant décor materials and 3rd party suppliers for jobs as required.
- Oversee and manage all build outs and fabrications in a timely and cost-effective manner from initial design concept to final execution by third party suppliers and freelance staff as directed by the senior managers
- Assemble and manage teams of vendors including but not limited to venue, catering, lighting, and entertainment specific to each event as required
- Coordinate and manage studio and freelance staff as directed by senior management
- Develop and adhere to strict production and installation schedules as well as draft and manage run of show as directed by senior management.
- Onsite event coordination and management of installations as required
- Research and cultivate vendor relationships to enhance event profitability, exposure, and overall aesthetic
- Troubleshoot to define problems, establish solutions & solve challenges in a professional manner
- Work alongside the senior managers and sales team to control project budgets and analyse profit/loss for each event.
- Maintain quality control and ensure all décor elements and events are produced in accordance with company standards.
- Participate in marketing activities to increase brand awareness and gain new clients as required.
- Research and gather inspiration for future designs as well as keep informed of design and industry trends for purposes of competitive analysis
- Support for the wider internal team occasionally taking on tasks which maybe outside the main duties of this role to support our collaborative style of working
- Create and manage your personal weekly KPI report
- Use your communication skills to manage client relationships professionally
- Develop an understanding of florals and production and how this impacts this role.
- Ensure a full understanding of all systems used by the company including but not limited to Aisle Planner, Rentman, Hubspot & Xero.
- Update Rentman & Hubspot with all actions and correspondence to ensure full traceability for all team members.
- Support the marketing team with photography projects as directed by management.
- Provide feedback to management on challenges encountered and work with internal teams to develop solutions.
- Providing support in other areas of the business as necessary including but not limited to front office and event management. This includes communicating, answering and logging any calls or correspondence and ensuring effective communication of messages.
- Contributing to the company’s culture and ethos
- Getting stuck in on the ground as required
- Working as part of a team on large projects
- Assist with pack lists as required
- Upkeep of all client files to the highest order – Daily Printing, Filing and digital storing of all client files.
- Final Invoicing and collection of all monies outstanding one month prior to event – in line with company policy as required
- Client Follow up- to follow up with each and every client after each event, getting feedback and collecting this information in a useful way, reporting all aspect and allowing Frog Prince to grow and learn though this as require
- Competitive Salary
- Full time position
- Mobile Phone
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Life Insurance Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Programme
If you are interested in this position please email your CV to email@example.com